To ensure all of our members have a great experience on our website & software applications, most purchases are covered under Our returns & refunds policies. Our refunds & returns means you're protected if the item you ordered didn't arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn't match the listing. You'll get your money back. For all the details of how our refunds & returns works, please see our full policy guidelines below.
Most Our sales go smoothly, but if there's a problem with a purchase, our refunds & returns policies ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered or get their money back.
Buyers can use our refunds & returns when:
- They don't receive an item.
- They receive an item that doesn't match the listing.
- Most vendors work with us to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn't reached, we can help.
Purchases are covered by our refunds & returns when all of the following are true:
- An item isn't received or it isn't as described in the listing.
- A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the our refunds & returns time lines.
- The buyer made the purchase on website & software applications via checkout or Our invoice with one of the following payment methods:
- Online Banking transaction
- Credit card or debit card
- Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing.
- Items damaged during local pickup : Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer. Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
- Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
When a buyer doesn't receive an item
- If a buyer doesn't receive an item, the buyer needs to submit a request to report that the item haven't arrived. We address the buyer's concern and provide tracking information, updates on the delivery of the item, or a refund.
- We review the information provided by the buyer and us for evidence of a successful on-time delivery to the buyer's address or proof of collection by the buyer.
- If we determine that the item wasn't successfully delivered or collected, a refund of the full cost of the item and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or to the buyer's bank account.
Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for our refunds & returns.
- Provide tracking to confirm the item have been received by the buyer
- When a buyer wants to return an item or the item doesn't match the listing.
- If a buyer wants to return an item within our return window or they received an item that doesn't match the listing, the buyer needs to submit a request to return the item. PartsCity should address the buyer's concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, or offering a replacement or refund. In some cases, we may automatically accept a return request on our behalf. If dissatisfied with our solution, the buyer can ask us for refund.
- After confirming that the item was returned to us, a refund of the cost of the item (less any loss in value, if applicable) and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or the buyer's bank account. If the buyer arranged shipping or picked up the item, we may not refund the amount of original shipping or pickup cost.
When an item is returned to us
- If a buyer is returning an item within our return window, the return policy will indicate who pays for the return shipping label. The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is not our responsibility and, in cases where an our- generated return shipping label is used for the return, the return shipping label cost is placed on the our invoice.
- When a return postage label is made available to the buyer and/or and the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won't be refunded by us for the cost of the label.
- Tracking is required to confirm the item have been returned to us. Signature confirmation is required for items returned.
- The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.
- Buyers are liable for any loss in value of the item if this loss in value is attributed to a handling which is not necessary for the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item. We may deduct the amount of loss from the amount reimbursed to buyer.
- We are required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing or at an address that does not result in a materially different return cost for the buyer.
- We shall refund a buyer upon the receipt of a returned item an approximate amount calculated by post deduction of any third party payments.
Partial Refund Policies.
In some instances, we may not require that an item be returned to us. In these situations, we refund the buyer.
- The item location was misrepresented
- It's hazardous to ship back the item
- Alternatively, with the buyer's consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item the buyer received. When given a partial refund, the buyer isn't asked to return the item to us.
If a buyer reports that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we may not require the buyer to return the item to us. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and us reimburses us for the refund.
Refunds & Returns Window Period.
Item not received
- A buyer can report that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date have passed, and for 8 days after the latest estimated delivery date.
- We have 3 business days from the report to respond to the buyer with a solution (through either a replacement, a return, or a refund).
Item not as described
- A buyer must request a return no later than xx days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the our return window period is longer, within the return window period.
- We have 3 business days from the request to respond to the buyer with a solution.
- The buyer must ship the item back to us within 5 business days from when the buyer starts the return. If we shipped a replacement or exchange and the buyer have not shipped the original item back within 8 business days of the buyer starting the return, we charge the buyer's bank for the replacement or exchange.
Replacement and exchange
Replacement and exchanges can be requested by the buyer. Exchanges are based on value of the original purchased item, with current and equal value. A buyer must request a return and select the replacement or exchange option no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the our return window period is longer, within the return window.
Window Period for replacement and exchanges:
- When the buyer requests a replacement or an exchange we have 5 business days to respond to the buyer.
- If a replacement or exchange is agreed upon, the buyer have 5 business days to ship the item back to us with return tracking. If the buyer doesn’t ship the item within 5 business days, the replacement or exchange will be closed.
- If the buyer doesn’t ship the return item back to us, and we shipped the replacement or exchange with confirmed delivery scan, after 20 business days we will be paid the value of the additional item. The buyer will be charged for this additional item via the buyer’s bank account.
Latest estimated delivery date
When we have no information about the actual delivery date, we use the latest estimated delivery date. When we have no estimated delivery information, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from payment date for transactions between a buyer and we are in the same country, and 8 days from the payment date for buyers and products in different countries.
Extended Time Track for our refunds & returns coverage
In some limited situations, we may extend the period of time in which a buyer is eligible for the refunds & returns. This extra time allows us to take into consideration the buyer's location, the shipping service used, our extended return window, national holidays, or delays due to circumstances such as natural disaster, national emergency, labor strike, or governmental act, or other circumstances such as fraud. In most instances, when we extend time period for our refunds & returns coverage, in cases where us is responsible for requests opened during such an extended time, we notify products with an announcement on Our website & software applications .
Buyers and us have an opportunity within 8 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue to appeal the decision by providing appropriate documentation. In such case appropriate alternative dispute resolution machinery will be put in place to resolve the dispute.
Refunds to buyers
We refund buyers by payment method through their bank account. If a buyer doesn't have a bank account, we ask the buyer to create one with their registered address to claim their refund. In the unlikely event that we're unable to send refunds to the original payment method or the buyer's bank account, we may provide refunds by coupon or vouchers redeemable for future purchases with us.
Our funds, reimbursements, and fees
Using other programs to address a concern Buyers can't use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (our refunds & returns or requesting a cash back from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue.
If a buyer requests a pay back from their payment provider or files any requests opened through website or software application for the same transaction are immediately closed.
Fraudulent claims may include:
- A buyer opening excessive requests or duplicate requests using other programs.
- A buyer colluding with a us to misdeclare an item's value for customs.
- A buyer filing a pay back after knowingly receiving a refund
- Buyers who file fraudulent claims are subject to consequences as per relevant law in operation. In addition, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend the buyer's coverage under our refunds & returns.
- When a buyer and we don't speak the same language, we may assist with communication until the issue is resolved.
- The refunds & returns is not a product warranty.
- In some situations, we may open and verify on a request on behalf of the buyer. This includes situations in which a buyer account is suspended for fraudulent activity.
- We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the incorrect refund or reimbursement
- Buyer protection is available to buyers who have purchased items on the following Our websites & software applications.